Visit Rotary International's Website      Visit Rotary International's Website

Rotary Club of Altoona, PA  USA

 

     Rotary International    District 7360    

Home
Club History
Proposing Members
4-Way Test
Career Fair
Twin Club
Rotary Radio Day
Youth Exchange
GSE
Centennial Project

 

 

 

 

  

 

                

The Rotary Club of Pittsburgh encouraged the founding of the Rotary Club of Altoona, beginning with a letter to a local businessman in March 1916.  The District Governor, George W. Harris, appointed Oliver Rothert as Chairman of the Organizing Committee. On May 16, 1916, in the Logan House, 36 charter members appointed for a charter and Frank Hastings of the Second National Bank was elected President.  The Charter was issued July 1, 1916, and the Rotary Club of Altoona became Club No. 240.  The first meetings were at the Logan House at 6:30 p.m.  The meeting time was changed to noon in 1919.

 

In the summer of 1926, Club meetings were moved to the Penn Alto Hotel's Logan Room. 

Charter Members

Charter Members at Spruce Creek Rod and Gun Club    Click the picture for our 1940 Club History

 

 

             1966 Club Members

                               1966 Rotary Club of Altoona Members                Click on the picture for our 1966 Club History and Golden Anniversary.

                                                

                                                      The move to the current location, The Calvin House, was made on October 3, 1989.

                                                          1980 Passing the Gavel

                                                          Passing of the gavel in 1980                               Please click on this picture for our 1980 Club History

 

 

                               1995 Board of Directors                               Please click on this picture for our 2013 Club History

 

Last modified: July 5, 2016